Effective Date: November 15, 2015
At McKesson Technologies Inc. ("MTI", "we", or "company"), we value the trust that our customers, patients, business partners, and employees place in us to appropriately use and protect information shared with us. This Privacy Notice describes how MTI collects and uses personal information about you when you visit our website as well as your choices about how personal information will be used. By using this website, you accept the privacy practices contained in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to customerportal.mckesson.com. McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have their own subdomains and websites and may not be subject to this Privacy Notice. McKesson business partners, ad networks and other third parties have their own websites and privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites you visit to understand their privacy practices and your options.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our website, we collect the following personal information about you:
- Contact information, such as your name, customer number, physical address, email, telephone number, fax number, organization name, and/or job title when you register your profile on our website.
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as your username, password, marketing preferences, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device, geographic location, your navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on our website.
- Information about you from affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, ad networks, and other third parties and combine it with information we already have about you.
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to our website. These technologies include the following:
- Web logging
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
How We Respond to "Do Not Track" Signals
Our website does not respond to web browser "Do No Track" signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Submit and manage your orders for products and services
- Provide software updates and new software releases
- Educate website users on our products and services
- Provide personalized website content based on your preferences
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, requests, applications and/or send important notices
- Market products and services
- Conduct surveys and research
- If you participate in surveys, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice
- Further develop our products and services to improve our business
- Improve the content on our website
How We Share Personal Information Collected
We may share personal information about visitors to our website with any McKesson Business Unit listed at www.mckesson.com . Otherwise, we will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice. MTI does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose personal information about visitors to our website:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request
- If MTI is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding personal information about you
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how information about you that we collect on our website will be used and will provide choices about whether or not to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you can notify us of your preferences during the information collection process or using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice. You may change your choice and request we delete your personal information at any time by contacting your account representative or at the address listed below.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or contacting us using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice.
Access to Personal Information
Some MTI products and services allow you to directly view, edit or delete information about you online. If this option is not available, you can update information about you by contacting your account representative or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as reasonably useful for commercial purposes. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA")
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security HIPAA requirements. Under HIPAA, each covered entity (health care provider, health plan, or health care clearinghouse) is required to provide or make available to you a Notice of Privacy Practices (NoPP), depending on your interaction with the covered entity. To the extent a McKesson affiliate and subsidiary is a covered entity, a NoPP will be provided to you or made available to you. The NoPP not related to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative industry safeguards to protect information from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. We will make reasonable efforts to protect personal information stored on the website's servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (for example, firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Any sensitive information (e.g., personal health information) will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption.
Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact email@example.com or at the address listed below.
Seals, Buttons, and Content from Other Companies
Our website may include seals, buttons and content links to other companies (for example, TRUSTe, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google+). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. When you use a link to go from customerportal.mckesson.com to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. We encourage you to read the Privacy Notice of each website you visit.
Some of MTI's (or its affiliates and subsidiaries) activities require the processing of European Union (E.U.) personal data. As it relates to those activities, McKesson complies with the U.S. — E.U. Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union member countries. McKesson has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view the specific details of our certification, please visit: http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
If you have any complaints or comments regarding our adherence to the Safe Harbor framework, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new website features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected.
If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post those changes through a prominent notice on our website or notify you directly. Regardless of our efforts, we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice each time you visit the website.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com or call 1-866-699-5366 or the Integrity Line at 877-McK-4McK (625-4625) 24 hours/7 days.
You may also write to MTI, Attention: Customer Portal Support, 5995 Windward Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30005.
Effective Date: November 15, 2015
What are Cookies?
By using our website, you agree that we can place cookies and similar tracking technologies on your device. You have the ability to manage your cookies and similar tracking technologies preference. For more information on how to administer your preference, please see "How to Manage Your Cookies" section below.
Types of Cookies We Use
We use various types of cookies on our website.
First-Party and Third-Party Cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that are issued from the customerportal.mckesson.com domain. Third-party cookies belong to and are managed by other parties, such as, McKesson business partners or service providers. We use both first-party and third-party cookies on our website.
These are temporary cookies that are used to remember you during the course of your visit to the website, for example your login, account preference or shopping cart selection. We use session cookies to enable your moves from one page to another within the website while remembering information you entered. Session cookies expire when you close your web browser.
These cookies are used to remember you within the website and remain on your device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. We use persistent cookies on our website to remember you and your settings when you return to the website. Besides authentication, we also use these cookies to collect website traffic information for interpreting users' visit patterns, so that we can improve our website functionality. In addition, by using persistent cookies, we collect and use personal information about you for targeted online advertising.
We may use Google Analytics to measure how you interact with our website in order to improve the user experience. To learn more about Google Analytics privacy practices, click here.
Google Analytics for Remarketing
We may also use Google Analytics cookies to advertise online and make advertisements more relevant to you ("Remarketing"). The Remarketing cookies will be used by Google to make our advertising practices more relevant, improve marketing reports and show our ads on websites other than customerportal.mckesson.com and based on your past visits to our website. We may share this data with other third parties.
Remarketing cookies will expire 90 days from the time that the cookie is set or updated (whichever is later). To-opt out of Remarketing or to control your advertising preferences, click here.
Other Tracking Technologies Used
We may use other tracking technologies to collect and store personal information about your visit to our website. They may include:
- Server Logs — used to track the website traffic (i.e. number of website visitors, number of visitor per page, IP address, etc.). We may use this information to analyze the website traffic in order to improve our business and user experience.
- Web Beacons — used to collect aggregate information (i.e. loading errors, most visited website pages, etc.). We may use web beacons to help display website content that is relevant to you and generate website traffic statistics to enhance our website.
- Databases — used to record collected data about the website traffic.
Embedded Content and Features
Our website embeds content and features from third-party websites. We do not control these third-party websites and associated cookies. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of these sites to understand their privacy practices and your options.
Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
LinkedIn — http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Twitter — https://twitter.com/privacy
Web of Trust — https://www.mywot.com/en/privacy
How We Respond to "Do Not Track" Signals
Our website does not respond to web browser "Do No Track" signals.
How to Manage Your Cookies
Each browser has different ways to manage cookies. Look at your browser's Help menu to learn the best way to modify how your browser stores cookies. For more information on how to control or delete cookies, we recommend you visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.org for additional guidance. Please note that some features on our website may be impaired if you block all cookies for our website.